Thursday, January 31, 2013

Whatever Floats Your Boat

Whatever Floats Your Boat
8" x 8" Oil on RayMar Panel
#30 Painting in 30-30 Challenge:  Slices of Life by Leslie Saeta
$200
This little painting came about as I was looking through photos of our trip to Maine last September.  John and I were driving along the coast and came across a small fishing village, and we were standing on a pier looking back at the shore.  I cropped my photograph way down to focus in our these three boats:  a dinghy, rowboat and a canoe.  They were clustered up close to the Irish Lady (painted that one yesterday) and I liked the way they were sitting in the water.  I haven't painted very many boats---I may want to do some more.  Now that our 30 day challenge is over with, I won't stop painting everyday.  I will probably go back to larger canvases, wide brushes and palette knives.  Thanks for looking at this blog and the art here.  I have met some neat artists along this 30 day challenge, and that has been fun.  kay@kwyne.com......Thanks, KMW 

4 comments:

  1. Thought for awhile, it was going to be all roosters for you in this 30/30 challenge, but am equally impressed with your boats. It's been a fun challenge, am so glad you were one of the daily painters on this. We're off to a good start in 2013! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice ... I love this light blue! have a good month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete