Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Day To Remember

A Day To Remember
12" x 16" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
NSF - Commission
This painting is completed!  It was a commission, and I had a great time painting it.  The rocks were all done with the palette knife (my favorite part of the painting).  I started with a red-toned canvas, as the white surface was just too stark.  The reference photograph was somewhat different than how the painting turned out.  The sky and water were painted in with a bright brush, and although I did not want to get detailed with the fence and lighthouse, I had to be somewhat accurate on the proportions.  I want the viewer to know that the waves are strong and powerful.....bashing up against the rocks.  This is my post for the 25th day of the 30-30 Challenge.  I am off to paint today at The Dutch Art Gallery....stop by if you are in the neighborhood.  Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment