Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Gabber

The Gabber
8" x 8" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
The Gabber was painted yesterday with much frustration.  I painted the rooster in, using the palette knife then could not decide on a background.  I had started with a pink background, then moved to green, which created mud, then wiped the whole panel, started over again.  Then went to a blue background, scraped it but kept the rooster on the panel.  The whole process was annoying and I was wondering why I was even in the studio.  I felt like I was being strangled and was choking on the 8" x 8" panel.....so today I will change it up and paint on a large canvas.  I am looking forward to that.  The Gabber is one of those roosters that talks non-stop and thinks he knows it all.  He will take a long time to dry since I was very generous with my paint.  Thanks for viewing this blog....be sure to go to Slices of Life by Leslie Saeta to view all the wonderful art posted for the 30 Day Challenge.  If you are participating in the challenge, I encourage you to paint on.  Feel free to contact me on this painting at kay@kwyne.com.....thanks, KMW

2 comments:

  1. Lovely painting, I know where you are coming from, pressure gets to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how this ended up. No sign of your struggle at all! The rooster is great! Looks like he is telling you a thing or two! ha!

    ReplyDelete