Friday, January 18, 2013

The Big Blue Boy

The Big Blue Boy
Oil on 12" x 12" RayMar Cotton Panel
Contemporary Rooster Painting
Day #17 in the 30-30 Challenge
This rooster is painted on a 12" x 12" RayMar Cotton Panel.  He is scampering across the field.  I took a detour from painting yesterday...I was at the studio all day long, but started looking for one particular reference photo, and got into my messy drawers and started cleaning and throwing out----something that I have been doing this month on the homefront.  I tossed all kinds of things....and after about 6 hours of combing through six drawers, I certainly wasn't in the mood to paint. Good thing I was a painting ahead on the challenge.  To view all of the paintings on the challenge, go to Slices of Life by Leslie Saeta.  Thanks for looking at this blog and the art here....Kay at kay@kwyne.com

2 comments:

  1. It was a rooster kind of day I guess. Painted one too. ALL of your poultry paintings are so eye catching and colorful! This guy really has that right attitude for a rooster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roosters are like people....no two alike. They are colorful, full of personality and they come in all shapes and sizes.....paint on!

    ReplyDelete