Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Balancing Act

The Balancing Act
8" x 8" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
Day #16 of the 30-30 Challenge:
  visit Slices of Life by Leslie Saeta blog.
This little hen is doing a balancing act on a fence.  My goal for this painting was to keep it clean and make every stroke count and to pay attention to my values.  I did not want any mud.  I used Gamblin Portland Greys.....they are really nice.  I didn't allow myself to go back into the painting and get fussy with my brushwork.  Yesterday was not the best day in the studio....I completed a 20" x 20" painting, but I was not happy with it, so I took off and went shopping for a change of pace.  Thanks for looking at this blog and the art here.....Kay at kay@kwyne.com.

1 comment:

  1. You did what you wanted. Beautiful brush strokes and a very nice painting. Love the form you achieved some simply

    ReplyDelete