Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Little Hen

The Little One
8" x 8" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
This is painting #12 for the 30-30 Challenge...be sure to go to Slices of Life by Leslie Saeta to see all of the art.  I had a great day yesterday....I shipped one painting off, sold one at Dutch Art Gallery, gave one painting away to a young family friend, and painted in the studio.  I love it when my paintings are on the move!  This is one little chickie that I painted with a limited palette.....only three colors as seen in the photo below.
I discovered some wonderful greys....and a wide range of reds with this little painting.  I used the palette knife and added some impasto for body.  Thanks for looking at this blog and the art posted here.  I have to work on #13 today...we are almost to the half-way point in the challenge and I am looking forward to getting over that hump!  Happy Painting....KMW

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful rooster, and congratulations on your sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little hen.
    Your knife painting skills are awesome.

    ReplyDelete