Monday, January 7, 2013

The Thinker

The Thinker
Contemporary Oil Painting
8" x 8" Oil on RayMar Panel
$250
This little painting went thru some changes...I started with a cad yellow panel.  Once I painted the rooster in, I thought this sitting rooster was taking himself too seriously, so I changed the background into something fun and whimsical for some contrast.  I deliberately put some fun colors of turqoise and orange bouncing around on this painting for the #6 30-30 Challenge.  You can tell that I used my brights and didn't get fussy with my brushstrokes.  The Thinker was fun to paint....and he is for sale if you are interested.  Check out all of the entries for the 30-30 Challenge Slices of Life by Leslie Saeta.  I I will be back in the studio today to paint #7....Thanks for viewing this blog....kay@kwyne.com.  KMW

3 comments:

  1. This is my kind of painting . . . beautiful colors, whimsical subject, and simple composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rooster-tude! Absolutely love this charming painting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine what he is thinking about! So expressive and intense...fabulous!! I love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete