Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Strut

The Strut
8" x 8" Oil on Cotton RayMar Panel
$250
This little painting was inspired by a photograph taken by Gail Kirkham....I am not sure, but I believe it was taken in the Texas Hill Country.  I started with a toned panel in a cad yellow and I did that several weeks ago to be sure that it was dry.  I wanted to paint it in one sitting and that was hard because I tend to use alot of paint, and I did not want to create MUD.  So I made every stroke count, not going back into the paint once I laid it in there with my bright brushes....I think I used two brushes on this painting.  A #8 and #10 Monarch Bright, the #10 being my favorite brush of all for small paintings.  I got the strut  and move of this guy, then put the background in.  Of course I was nervous about the green, and did not want to get a muddy green.  So the key to this painting was to put a stroke down, clean my brush and make another one.  This is my #5 entry in the 30-30 Challenge Slices of Life by Leslie Saeta.  Thanks for viewing this blog....kay@kwyne.com.  KMW

No comments:

Post a Comment