Saturday, January 19, 2013

The One On The Fence


The One On The Fence
20" x 20" Oil on Canvas
Painting #18 for the 30-30 Challenge

This is my #18 entry in the 30-30 Challenge Slices of Life by Leslie Saeta.  I have now blown my two-painting lead for the challenge, as I dinked around in the studio all day yesterday.  I obviously work better under pressure.  I have to hit the studio very early this morning and get some painting in before this afternoon.  On this painting I was experimenting with a new roll of canvas, taped it up on a board and started painting.  I bought light weight canvas, and I am not happy with the texture or tooth on the canvas.  Anyway, I tried to get out of a muddy mess, and although I am not happy with this painting, I did learn several things with it.  I hope that today is a good day and my easel is kind to me....Thanks   for viewing this blog....kay@kwyne.com.  KMW

6 comments:

  1. Like your "muddy mess", really l think the colors are subtle. Came up with OPS to see the Edgar Payne exhibit, omg,fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these subtle color combinations and mark making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments.....I really don't think it is my best, but I did have a good experience and learned from it. Thanks, paint on!!!! KMW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the abstract look of this one :) Subtle more neutral color palette. However you got there, it works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you're not happy with this, but I love it. it's one of my favorites that you have posted.

    ReplyDelete