Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Turn

The Turn
18" x 18" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas

I painted this chicken from a photograph I had found in my stash of roosters, chickens and hens.  I spent several days painting this one....I wanted to paint all of my 30 Day Challenge paintings on small canvases, but needed to change it up only after day one.  Since I didn't pick a theme, size or limit myself on my rules for the  Slices of Life by Leslie Saeta painting challenge, I pulled out a 18" x 18" canvas and some wide brushes.  I enjoyed painting this one, although I didn't get real loose with my brush strokes.  This is painting #4, and I can say already that I will surprise myself if I can keep up the pace at the studio with everything else going on.  I hope all of my fellow artists are enjoying this challenge.  Four down, twenty-six to go.  Thanks for looking at this blog....Kay at kay@kwyne.com.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your hen. You did a great job on the feathers! Like you, I am used to changing things up. I can't finish a painting, large or small, in one day so I am trying to layer them for the challenge... starting one and finishing another each day. It really doesn't matter whether I complete a piece as long as I actually paint something each day. At least, that's my reasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, looks like you have a chicken theme for this challenge. Wonderful. I like all of them so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, and am so impressed with the size! I am racing to keep up with my little 6 x 6 canvasses!!!

    ReplyDelete