Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The King of the Coop

The King of the Coop
8" x 8" Oil on RayMar Panel
Contemporary Palette Knife Painting
Day #14 of the 30-30 Painting Challenge has come and gone....and this little painting is my entry for the two week mark.  I really had fun with this guy.  I used my #24 knife for most of the painting, and had some impasto in the paints for body.  I wanted to tone it down and used three colors and white.  I got on a roll yesterday, and worked on two other roosters, and finished a commission that had been hanging over my head for a month.  So today will be like a free play-day in the studio!  I am two painting ahead on the challenge, so I may start a large painting.  To all the painters out there, keep on painting!  If you would like to see the art submitted for this challenge, go to Slices of Life by Leslie Saeta.  Thanks for viewing....Kay

3 comments: