Saturday, January 12, 2013

The One On The Run

The One On The Run
8" x 8" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
Contemporary Palette Knife Painting
Yesterday I stuck with the rooster theme, but changed it up as I only put out three colors on my palette. Ivory Black, Napthol Red, and Titanium White....I thought it would be hard, but it was fun and easy.  I learned that if you drop a really small palette knife just the wrong way, it will destroy the tip.  I would normally just throw it away, but I was able to use it backwards, as it was bent way out of shape. This rooster is in action, running from something....maybe the 30 day challenge!!!  ha.  It is fun checking out all of the painting on the Slices of Life by Leslie Saeta blog.  Thanks for looking.  KMW

1 comment:

  1. I like the limited palette. We are fast approaching the half way mark on this challenge...hope we make it to the end!

    ReplyDelete