Sunday, March 1, 2009

Shea Baby


This painting just came down from the TVAA show at Plaza of the Americas in downtown Dallas. Shea is our thirteen year old yellow Lab. Lately she has gotten very sassy and rules at our house. She has always had alot of life, and I wanted to convey that "spark" that she has on the canvas. This canvas has wide brushstrokes, and is a very bold painting. Shea has also had her portrait painted by Suzy Moritz. I would say that Shea is very special...not very many dogs can say that they have had their portraits painted by two artists! Suzy paints alot of dogs, and does commissions. You might check her website out...she also paints at Studio Art and Soul in The Cedars, located south of downtown Dallas. Actually, once you are on the Studio Art and Soul website, check out all of the Dallas artists there...it is a great group---eleven creative artists who love to paint!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is one of my favorite painting of yours. Your use of color amazes me. I wish I had the confidence and knowledge to go wild with color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay,
    This is a favorite. I love the expression of pure joy that you have communicated with your bold colors and brushwork! You've done Shea proud!

    ReplyDelete