Friday, April 17, 2020

Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts
20" x 16" Oil on Museum Quality Cotton Panel
Contemporary Still Life
I had painted this about a week ago, and while it was drying in the studio, I decided it really needed some high-lights on the petals, and I wasn't happy with the vase.  It looked too flat for the painting.  So I changed it up, making it a beautiful ultramarine blue.  The petals have more depth and life to them.  Here is a pic of it before I made those adjustments.  

So now it is finished, and titled "Second Thoughts" since I did have second thoughts about it!  Happy Anniversary to my John!  Even though we have a stay at home order in place, we will have a toast to our 38 years!  Thanks for looking at my blog.  Here's a quote from Frida Kahlo:  "I paint flowers so they will not die."  I feel that way!  Kay

"I paint flowers so they will not die" Frida Kahlo

No comments:

Post a Comment