Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Untitled Still Life

Untitled/Floral Still Life
12" x 12" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
Contemporary Still Life
I had to stop painting yesterday....this panel is very wet, and I need to look at it a couple of days to see if any adjustments need to be made.  Probably in the high-lights.  I took a few pics along the way. I started with a toned canvas panel, loosely drew the composition out with a filbert.  I started painting the flowers with a wide bright brush, and mixed a large amount of reds, oranges, yellows and blues for the vase.  I wanted the colors to be crisp, so I had to make every stroke count so the colors didn't get muddy.  I also wanted it to be happy and pleasant to the eye...kind of an escape with all that is going on.  This was a fun one as we are all quarantined and doing our own thing inside.  I will look at this painting and come up with a title for it...Thanks for looking at my blog.  Stay well, Kay
                                                                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment