Saturday, April 11, 2020

Happy Easter and Happy Birthday!

Happy Easter and Happy Birthday!
Iris Still Life (Untitled)
20" x 16" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
Contemporary Still Life - All Prima
I walked into the studio yesterday, and found that one of my studio mates left me fresh cut batch of isis' from her garden.  Thank you, Selena!  I decided to use a beautiful tablecloth that studio mate Sharon had given to me, and pulled out one of my favorite blue and white Spode pieces.  
Here is my set-up.
I quickly toned the canvas, because I don't want to start with a white background.  Then immediately started drawing with my paint.  
Then I started painting the shapes.
I realized that I didn't want to paint the blue and white ceramic pitcher, so I thought about a clear glass vase, then scrubbed that idea.  I wanted the focus to be the golden irises, and just a plain, simple vase would work for me.    

I painted this alla prima--quickly in one session.  Good thing I did, because the arrangement changed overnight.  So, Happy Easter to everyone.  And Happy Birthday to my special husband, John!        


No comments:

Post a Comment