Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Happy

Happy
18" x 18" Mixed Media on Birch Cradleboard
Contemporary Floral Still Life
I was not able to get a painting in yesterday...so I pulled something off the wall of the studio to post.  This is a colorful and abstract mixed media piece, with tissue paper, hand made papers, acrylic paint, and crayon.  I enjoyed putting this one together, and wanted the magenta, red and orange to bounce off the cradleboard.  I want the viewer to smile or feel happiness when looking at this piece.  This is Day # 20 in the 30/30 Paint Challenge!  I can't wait to get a full day of painting in at the studio.  I have a cow and rooster that is in progress...Maybe I will post one of them tomorrow.  Thanks for looking at my blog.  Contact Kay with any questions or comments.  KMW

6 comments:

  1. Feels so great. Lovely shapes, colors and pattern. I wish I could view it in person as I bet there is little things that you can't see with the photo !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the hand-made papers have lots of texture and an organic feel. It is fun to explore with mixed media. Thanks for looking! KMW

      Delete
  2. Love this collage. And I'm very anxiously awaiting your rooster painting tomorrow. you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My rooster didn't make it......maybe the florals are taking over. Anyway thanks for following me. KMW

      Delete
  3. Thanks for looking at my art...it is bright, colorful and Happy!

    ReplyDelete