Friday, June 29, 2012

Palette Knife Landscape by Kay Wyne

Contemporary Palette Knife Painting
30" x 30" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
I painted this landscape this week, and I am trying to decide if I am finished or not. My intent was for the eye to wander across the canvas back to the horizon line. I may add some more color to the sky and the foreground, but for the most part it is completed. I struggled big time with another painting on my easel...and ended up with a critique from my studio partners. Frustration set in and I started wiping and scraping the paint. I don't know if I can look at that painting today, so I may pull out a new canvas and get a fresh start on the same subject matter. Thanks for viewing...stay cool. Kay at kaywyne.com or 214-532-0325.

No comments:

Post a Comment