Saturday, November 27, 2010

Horison Series: Abstract #25

Horizon Series: Abstract #25
Oil on 12" x 36" Gallery Wrap Canvas
I have five new paintings in progress that are sitting on my easel...all are at a turning point...and I am not sure what I am doing with them. I don't want them to turn into wipers, as I was having "issues" with the green in one of the paintings. I had painted a pastoral scene the day before Thanksgiving, and did the usual Kay Wyne/green takes over the canvas trick. The minute I put green (I am mixing my own green...no green straight out of the tube) on the canvas, green takes over and in my opinion, totally dominates the painting. My struggles with green continues, and it happens to me over and over.
I was not planning on going to the studio yesterday, but I needed a break from putting up the Christmas tree and decorations. I am always in the mood to paint, but I took it slow yesterday because I did not want to mess up the background on a longhorn painting. I don't know when I will painting again...I do know we will be decorated for Christmas by the end of the day. Thanks for viewing this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment