Sunday, November 14, 2010

Demo at Dutch Art Gallery

Here is a pic of the demo that I did at Dutch Art Gallery yesterday. I started by toning the canvas with a warm grey. Then began putting the paint on with my palette knife. I had taped off some of the larger areas that would eventually have titanium white so that the white would not get muddy or streaked. The canvas is 36" x 36" so it will take a while to get it covered with paint...it will take alot of paint for sure.

The day went by fast because there were alot of people stopping in. Pam had a constant stream of framing customers, and then there were those who came in to see the Artists of Texas Annual show, Where Texas Finds It's Color... artistsofTexas.orgArtistofTexas.blogspot.comDailyPaintersofTexas.blogspot

I hope to take this canvas to the studio today and work on it. Thanks for viewing this blog. Thanks for stopping in at The Dutch Art Gallery to see the show. Kay

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a beautiful start - can't wait to see the finished painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to get to the studio and really get the paint on it...it is finished!!!!

    ReplyDelete