Friday, June 12, 2009

Macomb Maidrite

This is another painting of the Maidrite in Macomb, Illinois. It is on a 10” x 10” canvas. When I was taking this photo in May, I was standing in the parking lot on the east side of the building. My husband, John was on the west side of the building peering through the windows, looking at the old wooden stools and the menu. Mr. Mick Wisslead, the Macomb Mayor walked out from City Hall from across the street. I don’t know if Mr. Wisslead knew who we were at first….maybe he thought we were interested in the property. But when he recognized John and I, he gave us a brief update on the status of the property and what was going on in Macomb. Only in Macomb, Illinois would we get such genuine attention.

My favorite thing about this structure is the seventeen windows on the east and west side of the building. And, as noted in a couple of previous Maidrite paintings, I love that sign. EAT. What more would you want on a sign?

I have another Maidrite painting on the easel at the studio….if you are interested in any of these painting, please contact me.

My Website: www.kwyne.com
Studio Website: www.studioartandsoul.com
Kay’s Blog: http://kaywyne.blogspot.com/
Daily Painters of Texas Blog: http://dailypaintersoftexas.blogspot.com/
Daily Painters Abstract Blog: http://dailypaintersabstract.blogspot.com/
Kay’s Cell: 214-532-0325
Email: kay@kwyne.com

1 comment:

  1. Love this! As you know I loved the other one too! If I had an art purchasing budget this would be on the list!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete