Monday, June 1, 2009

Macomb Maidrite


This is what is on my easel at the studio. I started it yesterday, and I might add a Dairy Queen and some old pick-up trucks. The photograph taken a month ago---- has a Walgreen Drug Store in it, but I want to give this painting a 50's feel, so I will not keep the Walgreens in it. The Maidrite is in bad shape, and will probably be torn down. I am at the point in this painting that I could put anything in...bikes, cars, street signs, people, billboards.......Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this! I think it is wonderful! I can't wait to see the finished product! I just discovered you today and I just love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww! The old Maidrite! Spent many a day here as a kid and teen eating those great loose meat sandwiches. I remember the huge container of simmering hamburger and onions. The juice soaked up the bun so you really needed a fork to eat it! If you did take a way, they wrapped it in white waxed paper. Good times!
    Great job, Kay!

    ReplyDelete