Friday, April 2, 2021

Floral Commission

 

Floral Bouquet/Commission
NFS
16" x 16" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Floral/Palette Knife Painting
I was asked to paint a lovely bride's bouquet...and I was happy to do so!  The bride and groom sent me photos of the wedding, with the idea that I could reproduce the bouquet on canvas.  The off-white roses are surrounded by violet crocus, tiny white flowering daisies and greenery.  I used a brush to lay out the painting, and then pulled out the palette knives so that the canvas would have plenty of texture.  I applied layers and layers of paint to give the arrangement fullness and depth.  I hope that the newly weds enjoy the floral painting, as a reminder of their very special wedding day.  Thanks for looking at my blog...Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment