Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sunflower


Sunflower
12" x 12" Oil on Canvas
Today is Sept. 14th....and day 14 of the 30 Day Painting Challenge with Leslie Saeta.  My inspiration for this little painting was a photograph that was sent to my by my sister.  She has beautiful sunflowers in her backyard in Illinois.  It was a good exercise, and I would like to paint a large painting with a grouping of sunflowers in the future.

Here is one of the pics sent to me...I will be in the studio today working on painting #15 and some pieces for upcoming shows.  It seems like October is packed with art shows, receptions, studio tours, etc.  You can email me here if you have any questions about this painting.  Thanks for looking at my blog....Kay

1 comment:

  1. Lovely piece. This work made me smile. My daughter brought home a small plant (sunflower) from school at the end the school year in kindergarten and it's grown so big now. Taller than her. She's now entered first grade. And she's very proud of how tall her sunflower has grown :)

    ReplyDelete