Thursday, September 19, 2013

Inviting

Inviting
24" x 36" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Palette Knife Painting
Thick layers of paint cover the canvas, giving it color and texture.  My inspiration for this painting was a field of aspens in Evergreen, Colorado.  Sharon and I stayed on a working ranch, and had plenty of wildlife and beautiful landscape to paint.  Here is a pic of the painting in progress:
I painted the sky, foreground and trees with a large brush, then went into the painting with the palette knife and lots of paint.  In the end I punched it up with more color.  This is day 19 in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge with Leslie Saeta.   Thanks for looking....contact Kay for more info on this painting.  I hope to be back in the studio....I have an abstract that I am working on for tomorrow's post. KMW

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Kay - So inviting. Are you enjoying the 30 day challenge? Hard to believe we are down to the last 10 days! ~Happy Painting, Kellie

    ReplyDelete