Sunday, November 1, 2009

Horizon Series: Abstract 1027

Horizon Series: Abstract 1027
Oil on 22" x 30" Gallery Wrap Canvas
When I started this painting, I was thinking of painting abstract circles...but after one day of painting, I changed my mind and went in another direction. After day one, the canvas composition changed...and I put a horizon line it in, and took out the circles. It was too complicated, so I painted out everything. I also changed my color palette. Some of the colors were random, like the cad yellow and paynes gray. I wasn't happy with the color combination. I put down the brush and picked up the palette knife. The layers of paint went on...I have not signed this painting, but it could be finished. I am taking a few days to let it sit before I sign it.
This contemporary abstract is on gallery wrap canvas, so no frame is needed. It is ready to hang once I sign and make a few minor changes.

I did not get to paint yesterday...but had a good day walking the barns and fields of Canton, Texas at First Monday Trade Days. It was great weather, good shopping. After all the crummy wet weather we have had, it was nice to be out in the sunshine. Looks like another great sunny day in Dallas. I can't beleive it is November!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment