Thursday, November 19, 2009

On the easel...

Yesterday I painted...started this painting of the Golden Gate Bridge. I was using a photograph John Wyne took about a year ago. The paint is on very thick. I have to put some more shadows and highlights in, along with the cables. I wasn't sure that I had the right orange-red color on the bridge, so I came home from the studio and researched it. Sherwin Williams #6328 is the color on the bridge, so I will stop at a Sherwin Williams and pick up a paint chip. The official color name is Fireweed. We have great memories from that California trip a year ago...makes me want to go back. I can't wait to finish this one up. Maybe my post tomorrow will be the finished painting!
This painting --- along with many others will be on display at the 7th Annual Cedars Open Studio Tour this Saturday, Nov 21, 10-6. If you are in Dallas, come start the tour at Studio Art and Soul, 1505 Beaumont, Dallas 75215. Lots of talented artists will have their work on display!

No comments:

Post a Comment