Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Texas Star

Texas Star
This contemporary oil painting is on a 16" x 16" canvas. Sides are painted, but a frame would be very handsome on this painting. Years ago John and I bought some iron architectural elements from an old man at Canton Trade Days. We painted them and hung them on the brick wall on the patio. They are quite interesting, and although they must have an official name, I call then Texas Stars. I haven't signed this painting yet, but it is finished. Almost. I hope to get to the studio today and put finishing touches on several paintings. John and I are off to Santa Fe for a few days of touring around New Mexico. The weather will be great...no rain in the forecast. I will be back next week --- hopefully with some new photographs and ideas for paintings. Have a good weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment