Saturday, December 18, 2021

Untitled

 

Untitled
40" x 24" x 2" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Floral
I have been on a floral kick for months...and I painted this canvas in the studio this week.  I started with a photograph of a beautiful and colorful arrangement that I had earlier this year, but changed the composition up.  I added and deleted some of the petals...and as it started to take shape, I made the necessary adjustments.  It was lots of fun, as I was painting for myself, painting for the sake of painting. 

I have a new color that I love...it's called Moonglow.  After I put the first layer of the background on the canvas, I decided to mix up my own Moonglow...and that was fun, playing around with three colors, trying to match a color out of a tube.  This painting is drying in the studio...I will probably let it rest, dry and sit on an easel---giving me the opportunity to look at it and decide if it is finished.  Thanks for looking at my blog...contact ME with any questions or comments.  KMW

5 comments: