Sunday, August 18, 2019

Your Cows Are Out

"Your Cows Are Out"
12" x 16" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
Commission
Contemporary Landscape
I was asked by a collector to paint a unique location that he is very fond of.  While on a recent fly fishing trip with a friend, this was a sign that he drove by multiple times, looking for a good fishing spot.  It's close to Bluff City, Tennessee on Old Weaver Pike Road.  I can't say that I have been there, but I wanted to paint the feeling of the countryside, as if the viewer is standing in front of the sign.   

Using a small photo as my reference, I wanted to get everything in the painting...including the tractor tire, the barn, the truck, the rusty old farm equipment, the saint on the fence post, and of course the imperfect and hand-made sign.

This painting has been shipped to Chicago and will be framed up before it finds it's new home.  This is a "one and only" painting - I doubt that I will ever be requested to paint something like this again.  It was fun and challenging, and I am thrilled that "Your Cows Are Out" has a new home!  Thanks for looking at my blog, Kay.



No comments:

Post a Comment