Sunday, February 4, 2018

Rootie & Bagel, What A Pair

Rootie & Bagel, What A Pair
16" x 8" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
Contemporary Chicken and Rooster Series
It's been a while since I painted some roosters...and I could not resist when my friend, Liz sent me pics of Rootie and Bagel.  These fine feathered creatures live on Morgan View Farm in Macon, Georgia.  (Thank you, Renee for letting me paint your roosters!)  I painted this small panel quickly, wanting to get the shapes and colors in. The shadows in the photograph were great, making the composition interesting. Here is a pic of my easel set-up in the studio while I was working.  
Thanks for looking at my blog...I will be working on some more rooster paintings, especially with Rootie and Bagel as my subject matter.  Contact ME with any questions or comments.  Thanks, KMW

No comments:

Post a Comment