Saturday, February 8, 2014

Dilly-Dally

Dilly-Dally
Abstract Dragonfly Painting
30" x 30" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Palette Knife Painting
I really got into this palette knife painting yesterday at the studio.  The basic shapes did not change, but the colors were all mixed, and layers of thick oils give this canvas texture.  I have so much paint on the canvas, it will take a long time to dry.  Here are a few pics of my progression with this painting:
 Drawing out the big shapes on the canvas...I usually do this with a filbert brush and paint.
 Covering the canvas with paint...filling in with bold colors.  Making sure that I like the shapes and placement of them.
Using several different sizes of palette knifes, working with the paint, moving it around on the canvas.  This stage of the painting is so much fun!  If I make a stroke I don't like, I just scrape it off....Thanks for looking at what I am doing in the studio...If you have any questions or comments, please contact ME.  Thanks for looking....Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment