Saturday, February 1, 2014

Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
24" x 36" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Landscape Painting
This painting was painted with thick oils and one big brush...a #12 Filbert.  My inspiration was a photograph taken while riding in a car in New Mexico.  How many times have we been riding in a car and said, "Are we there yet?"  I mixed lots of colors and really enjoyed painting this one.  The road disappears into the vast landscape.  The big sky is colorful and the clouds are moving across the canvas.  I don't know why I didn't use any medium, but I didn't...so it will take months for this one to dry. John and I are off to Ft. Worth today to the Stock Show...so I am taking the day off from the studio.  Contact ME for more info on this painting.  Thanks for viewing...Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment