Saturday, February 16, 2013

Burrito Wagon

Burrito Wagon
24" x 24" Mixed Media
NFS
This is one of my very first stabs at mixed media.  It started in a workshop, and then I completed it in the studio.  I had used images of some of our favorite places in New Mexico, and because of the subject matter and colors my husband John really liked this piece and it hangs in our home office.
Here is a close-up, as you can see there is a lot going on.  Fabric, torn paper, crayons, confetti paper, old map, paint and images of New Mexico cover the canvas.  I was visiting with another artist the other day, encouraging her to try mixed media..... so this post is for Susan.  Susan is a photographer with a wonderful portfolio.  The possibilities are limitless for some new work, maybe mixed media, using altered photographs.  I found some wonderful papers and images the other day, and it was kind of putting me in the mood to tackle another mixed media piece.  I always have my oils out, so pulling out the acrylics and mixed media supplies always shakes things up.  Thanks for looking at this blog and the art posted here.  Have a great day.....Kay

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing "bleak" about this. :)
    I love the colors and bold lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much.....looking at this one puts me in a Santa Fe mood. Thanks for looking.....

    ReplyDelete