Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Aspen Landscape-SOLD

Aspens Landscape
SOLD!
8" x 8" Oil on Canvas
Palette Knife Painting
Aspen trees......we don't have them in Dallas. (And we don't have mountains either.) We didn't have in them in Illinois. They are beautiful, and on our last trip to Santa Fe I really started noticing them and wanting to paint them. As I was looking through some of my Santa Fe pics and some of daughter Lindsay's Jackson Hole pics I realized how neat they were. Here is my first attempt at painting aspens. I need to study them and really figure out what is so different about these trees. Wes Henry told me he learned alot about them from Raymond Harris while visiting Jackson Hole last summer. They tend to grow in clumps, sharing the same roots. The aspen tree, also known as quaking aspen or Populus tremuloides, is from the willow family. It is a fast-growing but short-lived tree. I need to research this. Anyway, here is my painting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment