Thursday, November 12, 2020

Pleasant Surprise

 

Pleasant Surprise
37 1/4" x 28 1/4" Oil on Canvas
Contemporary Oil Painting

One of my collectors bought a house in Dallas recently, and she did not know that she had a fruit-bearing peach tree in her backyard....until the tree was producing peaches.  Emily loves her house, and the fruit on the tree was a pleasant surprise for her!  I snapped some photos of the backyard tree, and decided to paint the beautiful fruits once I got into the studio.  This was a fun painting for me because of the color palette.  I loved mixing the corals, reds, apricots, ochres and leafy greens.  The violets, greys and savanah browns were fun to mix up. Thank you, Emily for letting me photograph your tree!   This painting is drying in the studio.  I couldn't wait to see what it looked like all framed up! 

Here it is framed up in a gold leaf frame with linen liner.
The over-all size of frame is 45 1/4' x 35 1/2"
Thanks for looking at my blog and the art posted.  Contact Kay with any questions or comments.  KMW

No comments:

Post a Comment