Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Bold Blooms

Bold Blooms
36" x 36" Oil and Charcoal on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Floral Abstract
I have been working on these blooms all week, and I can say that I am finished!!!  I thought I was finished three different times, but after a studio critique and some thought, I made a few minor adjustments, and "Bold Blooms" is drying in the studio.  These irises are colorful, energetic and interesting.  I went through several steps, using lots of layers of color, taking the paint off, they reapplying it.  Then I decided to take some charcoal to it, and you can see of of the drawing peeking through.  I can't wait to varnish and place this canvas on the wall---framing on this one is optional.  Putting a frame on it would really complete this painting.  Contact Kay 

No comments:

Post a Comment