Friday, December 22, 2017

The Guardian by Kay Wyne


The Guardian
48" x 24" Oil on Canvas
Contemporary Landscape Painting

A recent trip to Arizona gave me the perfect opportunity to get some photographs of the amazing Saguaro Cactus.  The title, "The Guardian" hit me as my cousin Chuck told me that in his mind, the huge Saguaros as the guardians of the desert.  These gigantic cacti are located in Tucson and the surrounding desert...and OMG their presence is everywhere!  

I wanted to put down on canvas what the Saguaro looked like when we were standing next to it...the trunk was old, rigid and weathered, but as you look up to the newer growth, the limbs were small, smoother and more colorful.   I also wanted to capture the light of the desert. Here are a few photographs of my progress from start to finish on this canvas.  


Thank you for looking at my blog and this new painting.  Contact Kay for more information on "The Guardian".  KMW

No comments:

Post a Comment