Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Flare-Up by Kay Wyne

Flare-Up
48" x 36" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Abstract Painting
"Flare-Up" is a very intense painting, that has gone through several stages.  I could not control the strong lines and bold color.  Intense and angry was my mood at the time I was standing in front of the easel, so that is what I painted on the canvas.   This painting is drying in the studio, as it has oil stick, oil paint with brush and palette knife work...so I will have time to study at it and live with it the way it is....or make some adjustments.  The sides of the canvas are painted Vulcan Grey, and framing is not necessary.  It's ready to hang.  I usually rely on my husband John or studio mates to help title my paintings, but "Flare-Up" credit goes to cousin Chuck.  He saw a few pics of this canvas as I was painting it, and nailed it on the title!!!  So a big thanks to Chuck.  Contact Kay Wyne  with any comments or questions.  Thanks for looking at my blog!  KMW

No comments:

Post a Comment