Thursday, September 8, 2016

Repeat by Kay Wyne

Repeat
40" x 30" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Abstract Painting
I wanted to take a geometric shape and repeat it through out the painting.  Sometimes you have to look for the Moroccan trellis shape, since I mixed it up with with lost edges and color variations.  For my color palette I choose seafood green, ice blues and greys, dusty lavenders, with touches of pink, tangerine and peach.  I experimented with metallic gold, and there are two layers mixed into the design.  I changed up my brushes so that there was variety in the stores and lines.  This abstract is drying in the studio...and is Day #8 in the 30/30 Paint Challenge.  Thanks for looking at my blog.  Contact Kay for purchasing information.  Thanks, KMW

No comments:

Post a Comment