Saturday, June 22, 2013

On my easel...

Sitting on my easel is this small 9" x 12" oil painting on linen.  I was getting organized yesterday at the studio and was trying to make some decisions on a large painting that has been bothering me for weeks.  So I decided to switch gears and paint a quick 45 minute painting without any medium.  I also told myself that I would use one brush and one knife.  I love painting fast.  No fiddling, no going back in to change details.  There is so much paint on the surface that I couldn't sign it.  I hope to add one or two more strokes of paint, then it will be finished.  The reference photo for the sheep was taken at Heritage Village in downtown Dallas.  Right now the sheep are sheered for the summer and don't have their thick curly coat.  Thanks for viewing.  I hope to have this guy signed and finished today.  Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment