Monday, December 13, 2010

The Haubold Homecoming...still wet!

The Haubold Homecoming
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
I wanted to capture the excitement, love and big hug when Stacy and Kyle saw each other after months of being thousands of miles apart. The photograph that I used for a reference had more detail, more people and more things going on around the couple. I loved the flowers in his hand as he squeezed sweet Stacy when he came off the submarine. I almost painted in all the people in the background, but I wanted all the focus to be on the couple, and wanted to paint a very simple painting. I used broad, flat brush strokes and bold color. It was a fun painting to paint. Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Haubold on the reunion in Hawaii!
And by the way, you have to come to Dallas to pick up your painting.
Merry Christmas from Mama Kay!

1 comment: