Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Cowboy Model

Cowboy Up
Contemporary Oil Painting
24" x 24" on Gallery Wrap Canvas
NFS
Last weekend I was able to give my nephew, Casey Settles a painting that I had painted in March. He was at an Equestrian Competition and I took some reference photos of him getting dressed for his event. "Cowboy Up" was inspired by a moment that I caught on my camera...putting on his chaps. When Casey saw the painting in person, he loved it! That was a real joy for for me to see his reaction and I was thrilled to let him have the painting. Giving a painting that I created gives me as much joy as actually painting. I hope to start a new painting today at the studio, and have my canvas all ready. Thanks so much for viewing and have an artful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment