Monday, February 22, 2010

Koi Pond

Koi Pond
24" x 30"
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
This is my first koi painting...I layered and layered the paint on, and had the gold/orange koi way too light. I was happy with the colors in the white/gray koi, but not the golden ones. I enjoyed the first day on this painting, and struggled with the days following. I know the water in the koi pond needs to be greener, but I don't like painting green very well, so I just went with what I wanted on the water. I hope to get some better reference photographs when the sun comes out and it warms up in Dallas. More koi paintings in the future. Today I will hit the studio with some new blank canvas....hoping that my brushes are kind to me. Have a good Monday! Thanks for viewing this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment