Sunday, October 4, 2009

Studio Time...What's on the easel....

Studio Art & Soul
Kay's new easel
I have been spending alot of time down at the studio...getting ready for some upcoming shows. I had a great week...I got a new easel!!! I had been borrowing one of Suzy's easels, and really needed to get my own. I have several portable easels, but they are not very sturdy, and aren't made for large pieces. I doubt that the easel will make me paint differently, but it sure is nice! I wonder how long it will take for my easel to look like Sharon's easel.....plastered in strokes, dabs and globs of oil paint. That would give the easel some character and personality for sure.

It is a busy time of year...lots of football games, the State Fair of Texas, and Art Festivals. It is beginning to feel like fall in Texas. We were able to turn off the air conditioning this week, and were able to open the windows. I hope to go to the studio today since it is raining...have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new easel!!!! Where did you find it? Has it helped you paint more? This might be my last week teaching ............. I hope, I hope, I hope. Then I will be back to full time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your productivity is amazing. Love the work and I am eaten up with envy concerning your easel!

    ReplyDelete