Thursday, September 4, 2014

Reflections of Turtle Creek

Reflections
12" x 16" Plein Air Landscape
Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
Day 4 of the 30/30 Challenge
I started to post another painting, but decided that I needed to make some changes on it in the studio today.  So I am posting a plein air painting that I painted at Turtle Creek in Dallas.  The sky was changing quickly and the light and shadows were moving.  I used my trusty palette knife on this panel. My goal was to nail the colors of the day and get the lily pads in the painting.  At first I was concerned that there was too much green in the landscape, and also so many variations of green.  I finished this painting in about an hour and half.

This painting is ready to be framed, and ready for a new home.  Contact Kay for more information on this painting or any others posted here.  Be sure to check out the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge with Leslie Saeta.  Lots of art posted on one blog from 1,000 artists!  Thanks, Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment