Monday, September 15, 2014

Bold Day

Bold Day
48" x 48" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Palette Knife Painting
This painting is currently hanging at the Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas, Texas.  Contemporary abstract landscape with palette knife work is a good description of this painting.  This palette knife painting has layers of oil paint on the canvas.  When I stand in front of this painting I want to run my fingers all over it, feeling the surface of the canvas as it changes with the landscape...from smooth to rough, thin layers of paint to thick.  This is my post for the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge...I did not paint it this week, but since I am working on a commission in the studio, needed to post a landscape for the challenge.  Thanks for viewing...Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment