Thursday, September 26, 2019

Maid-Rite Memories


Maid-Rite Memories
20" x 16" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
Contemporary Oil Painting
Maid-Rite is midwestern burger joint...and there once was a Maid-Rite on the main street in my hometown of Macomb, Illinois.  Several years ago John and I were visiting Macomb, and I took photos of the old building.  It was in bad shape, with broken glass, pealing paint, holes in the roof --- and has been demolished.  It had a lot of character, and everyone who has ever eaten at the Maid-Rite has those memories.  Since we will be returning to Macomb soon, I thought painting the iconic Maid-Rite establishment was appropriate!  I wanted to capture the hometown feel of walking down Jackson Street looking up at the EAT sign.  Contact Kay for more info on this painting!  Have an artful day...KMW

No comments:

Post a Comment