Friday, November 3, 2017

Abstract Nursery Project


Contemporary Abstract Nursery Paintings
Acrylic on Sixteen Cotton Panels
NFS
This is my nursery project for our grandson.  I started with sixteen 6" x 6" RayMar Cotton Panels, painted the background white and slowly started painting shapes with the colors my daughter picked out.  She requested that the images be nonrepresentational with a certain color palette.  As I worked on the small surfaces, I kept adding and working the paint, until I felt like it was complete.  That happened three times.  I normally paint in oils, so working with the fast drying acrylics was a challenge.  I picked a simple white frame for each panel, and here is the result. I wanted a very clean but colorful presentation for the wall.     


This was a fun project, and would work well on a larger scale.  Thanks for looking at my blog...have a great day.  Kay Wyne




No comments:

Post a Comment