Thursday, January 5, 2017

Colors of Seabrook by Kay Wyne

Colors of Seabrook
6" x 6" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
Contemporary Landscape/Palette Knife Painting
I am working on some seascape/beach/boating paintings in the studio, and with the cold winter weather, I am wishing I was at Seabrook Island---sitting on the beach.  This small plein air painting was all about getting the colors of the beach day.  Part of painting is getting the feeling or the mood of the day on the canvas.  It was a clear, warm day at the beach, and I can remember it well, especially on this cold January day.  I have several beach scenes that are available for purchase.  Contact ME for more info.  Thanks, KMW

2 comments:

  1. Nice knife work. I can feel the sun on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great beach trip....until Hurricane Matthew hit! We had to evacuated. But the beach was lovely and I wanted to put that on canvas. KMW

    ReplyDelete